1.Content marketing is the opposite of advertising. It’s about engaging consumers with the stuff they really want, in a way that serves your brand’s purposes and ideals, rather than just trying to jam your logo into their periphery.
It’s reaching the exact consumers you want, instead of a vaguely defined demo. It’s helpfully providing an experience they want, instead of trying to distract them from the one they came for.
In short, it is the very evolution of advertising itself into something more effective, more efficient, and much less odious. Keith Blanchard.
2. Content marketing is engaging with your community around an idea instead of a product. What it is is to try to serve the community first, and sharing information, ideas and experiences that benefit others without directly asking for anything in return. What it isn’t is just a veil in front of a sales pitch. Dan Blank
3. The difference between “marketing with content” and content marketing is a digital publishing platform that your brand owns. Creating an article for a publisher. Or an ebook. An ad. Or sales collateral. These are not content marketing. Content marketing means committing to publishing content people actually want. On a platform you own. Michael Brenner
4.Content marketing is a device used by companies to educate, inform or entertain customers or prospects by creating attention or causing behavior that results in leads, sales or advocacy. Jay Baer
5. “Content marketing is all about marketing that’s left.” Seth Godin
6.Creating content that helps market your business. When you are creating/sharing a piece of content you should be thinking if this piece of content can help build a connection with my target audience, build my brand or build my sales pipeline. Ian Cleary
7. “Content Marketing provides consumers with useful information to aid purchase decisions, improve product usage and entertain them while achieving organizational goals without being overtly promotional.” Heidi Cohen
8. Content marketing is using any type of content (newsletters, blog posts, white papers, videos, Tweets, podcasts, wall posts) to attract an audience you wish to market to. Capturing their attention through great content gives you the opportunity to present calls-to-action to them to purchase or try your product or service. Jason Falls
9. “Best way to sell something: don’t sell anything. Earn the awareness, respect, and trust of those who might buy.”Rand Fishkin
10.“Content marketing is about delivering the content your audience is seeking in all the places they are searching for it. It is the effective combination of created, curated and syndicated content.”
11. . “Content marketing is a strategic marketing and business process focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience, and ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
12.Content Marketing is to share information + service + stories to an audience that needs this kind of content on that moment. Luiza Gaidzinski
13. Content marketing is using content to build a relationship with your audience over time so you are top-of-mind when your product or service can solve their problem. Erika Heald
14. “Content marketing is the process of developing, publishing, and distributing useful information that engages prospective customers and propels them toward purchase.”Anne Murphy
15. What in sales & marketing isn’t content marketing? Sales voicemails, your trade show booth… I like Ann Handley’s definition – “everything the light touches is content!” Matt Heinz